Saturday, December 22, 2007

And 13 hours, 12 minutes later...















This happened.

On 12/22 at 12:22 p.m., we welcomed Nora Somerville Jorgensen into the great big world.
8lbs, 2 oz
21 inches long
Obviously crushingly gorgeous (or is that just her dad talking?)

Tears were shed, heroes were made, minds were completely blown and all are amazed and grateful and exhausted.

Pictures and more lucid and detailed accounts to come soon.

Joy!

19 comments:

Tina Rowley said...

It's not just her dad talking. It's FACTS talking. Nora, you are stunning. Welcome, welcome, little peach. Beautiful peach!!

Gillian, congratulations on your great journey. I want to hear every little bit. Same with you, Baz, and your parallel journey. I'm holding you all in my thoughts with great tenderness.

Yay, yay.

careohline said...

hooray hooray!
love to all (three!)

Michelle Auer said...

Oh, she is just a doll! Congrats to all of you! You are in for the most amazing journey. Welcome baby!

sibyld said...

I am sitting here with tears in my eyes, so happy for all three of you. Heartbreakingly Gorgeous doesn't begin to describe how beautiful she is.
I can't wait to see you all, and meet Nora in person.

ipj said...

Yes yes yes, beautiful baby but also, wah! Squash face! I guess that's what happens from being stuck in a uterus for 9 months.

mynewshoes said...

I know Nora and I are going to get along because 1)Awesome parents and 2)12/22, 12:22. Clearly she has a great sense of timing. I love it!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Anonymous said...

She's soooooo rad

Christopher said...

Yay Nora!

Yay Parents!

Yay "Awesome" Babywear!

Congratulations to all - can't beat that for an early Christmas present!

laurenj said...

congrats! I am just so proud! I hope that you three have a wonderful, joyous, restful christmas!

Much much love!!!!

smatano said...

Callooh! Callay! I (Mimi) KNEW IT WAS A GIRL!!!!! Here come the hand me downs (Nora is EXACTLY 8 months younger than Yuki).

Welcome little one, your friends have been waiting for you.

Oh, and good work parents. Gillian, you are more of a woman than I am to push 8 pounds of baby out naturally. Good for you.

xoxoxoxo
Mimi and Philip

Anonymous said...

Yay indeed, absolutely undoubtedly crushingly gorgeous.

Lively said...

She's perfect. Congrats to Mom and Dad and welcome to Nora! I'm crying. Seriously.

David A. Miller said...

CONGRATS to Mom and Dad! Hooray for you, Nora!!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!

Welcome baby Nora!

Anonymous said...

Hooray!! So Exciting. Congrats to all. Can't wait to meet Nora, and hope to see you all soon. Happy Christmas to the family of THREE!

sibyld said...

My Mom had a dream that she and Auntie Erin were baby sitting a 2 day old Nora, and discovered that she can talk and read! She was just about to find out if she could tell jokes, when she woke up. So, maybe you should try giving her a book...

Raej said...

congrats to you all! huzzah for smart and pretty people having pretty (and not doubt smart) babies!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful!! I am so excited for you all! Welcome little beauty!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! (I have a gift for you/Nora! When/how can I get it to you?)
-Kelsey Melvin