Tuesday, December 18, 2007

NST Results: All is Well

Our baby is not stressed. Nor should it be. Yesterday's non-stress test resulted in a great variable heartrate via the fetal monitor and proof of plenty of amniotic fluid as measured by a no-fuss-no-muss ultrasound. We continue to be at "yep, progressing, could be any day."

This type of "any day" is much more comfortable now that we've passed the due date(s). We're getting closer and can feel it (literally, for me). Progressing towards the birth of our child and not just a date on the calendar makes all the psychological difference.

If the baby has not arrived by Friday, we will go back in for a bio-physical profile. There are no worries or concerns; just next steps with the passing of days. At least, we and our midwife are not worried or concerned...nor should you be.

Today's featured step: viewing the next round of episodes of Slings and Arrows!

3 comments:

smatano said...

Glad to hear all is well with Baby Basillian. I trust Mom-to-be is holding up relatively well and that Dad-to-be is enjoying the co-worker eye-rolling and incredulous inquiries of "No baby yet?"

When Yuki was late, someone hung a sign behind my desk that read "Philip here = No Baby" so I wouldn't have to keep answering the question.

December 30th is a fine day for a birthday, though right now you may disagree.

Basil said...

Luckily, I quit going to work!
Though work is still coming to me.
Damn life/work balance and flex-time!
Come on baby! I wanna deploy my out-of-office auto-response robot!

sibyld said...

I would like to go on record as saying I am not worried, I am excited. How did Friday's check-up go? xxoo