Thursday, December 27, 2007

Babystravaganza - Day 5


















We are well underway here in the roles of parents to our wonderful daughter, and I'm delighted to report that we are well rested, organized, and have been bathing regularly. Nora, at only 5 days, has become toilet-trained, sleeps peacefully through the night and cries only when she reaches the end of one of her poetry books. Writing it, I mean. And it's more like bittersweet weeping than crying.

These are all lies, naturally.

We love this kid more than anything and she's blown our world apart. Night is day, up is down, NBC is ABC - it's bloody madness and it's wonderful.

Example: I've never been a morning person, I need at least an hour (with or without coffee) to deal with other humans. As Gillian says, I'm a Master Sleeper. Thank you and yes, I do conduct seminars.
Nora, however, is an impossible target for my pre-dawn crankiness. Even when she's got a diaper full of goodies. Even when those goodies don't always stay where they should.
Haha!
There simply is no possible emotion besides total self-deprecation in these circumstances. You can only laugh, because you sure as heck can't go back to sleep.

There are other things: The wellspring of love and support from friends and family, some of which takes the form of delicious meals without which we'd likely starve. Or at least stop eating after breakfast.
There's the realization every 10 seconds or so that, "laadi da, I'm going through my day and everything's norm-Oh my God there's a baby right there. And it's MY baby. And she's so beautiful. And man, she never stops feeding.
There's the fact that I'm more tired after a day of being a dad than I've been after a week at work.

And there are photos. They live here and we try to update them as often as we can (scroll down for the newest additions).

Things are very, very good and we can't wait to introduce our Nora to everyone.
Just not all at once and only between the hours of 1 and 4, Monday thru Wednesday.

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Michelle Auer said...

Could she BE any more adorable? OMG! Too sweet!